Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Small child, having high fever, UTI. Prescribed clamp kid forte. Can crocin be given?

My daughter is 6 yrs she had UTI before 3 weeks now she is having a very high (103) fever for three days. Her doc has prescribed Clamp Kid Forte supention after taking it three times for a day her fever came down but again on day three she is having a fever. we are continuing Clamp Kid Forte. Please advise if I could give her Crocin as her fever is vry high.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  216
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Sadhana,
Do not get worried.Ofcourse you can,rather must give her crocin syrup the moment her body temperature touches (100).do not continue the antibiotic for more than five or seven days at the most.
I hope you got her urine routine test done .I would advise you to get her urine culture done sometimes later just to find the drugs sensitive,that is,the drugs effective to your is ok with the take care and remember to increase the water intake of your child in case its less as it helps in UTI.take care dear.
Answered: Mon, 3 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Debmalya Bhattacharyya's  Response
yes you can give crocin. but that will only reduce the fever. u should do a thorough check up for her. get a good quality ultrasound for her pelvis and kidney ureter bladder. thank u
Answered: Tue, 4 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor