Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Small child, having hard bump between penis and leg, redness, pus. Treatment?

What would a hard bump, about the size of a dime, that has a little redness in the center of it and puss coming out of it, be? This is on a baby, in his groin , in the upper space between his penis and his leg? How would the baby have gotten it? And what should be done to treat it? The baby is able to indicate that it hurts when you change him (well, while wiping) thank you, in advance, for your time
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Thanks for your question,small child having swelling in groin,with puss draining through it,Dear it is most probably infected lymph node,you don't have to worry, get incision drainage of the puss by some surgeon and give a course of antibiotic to your child like syp augmintin three times a day for five days,it will settle dawn the problem .
Answered: Tue, 4 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor