Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Small child, having bruise on neck, lump, spots on scalp oozing discharge. Using bactrum. Treatment?

My 5 yr old daughter came home this afteroon complaining that she had a bruise on the side of her neck . I told her she probably just slept on it wrong. When I was putting bactrum cream on her scalp tonight, I ran my fingers over her neck and realized she has a marble sized lump on her neck. She said it hurt when I touched it. She has been having these spots pop up on her scalp that ooze and puss. That is why she is using the bactrum. What could this lump be? Should I take her to her Pedi in the morning, to her Dermitoligist that is treating her scalp, or to our family ENT?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hello there,
It is important to note that scalp infections often give rise to lymph node swellings in the neck region which is the cause of the "marble sized lump" which you mentioned. Bactrum is used to treat scalp infections but if the infection has lasted for a long time, you need to show the Pediatrician whether the infection has progressed or is under control. If the condition is serious a course of oral antibiotics will help. At the same time, do ask her how exactly she got the bruise. Whether she got hurt with some object.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 23 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor