Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Small child, excessive urination, unable to control urine flow. Treatment options?

My son is three years old and I will put a diaper on him at night before he goes to bed so he don t pee all over his bed, but here for the last week he has been peeing through the diaper, and also peeing in his pants through the day. He has not done this since I started potty training him since he was two years old. I don t know what to do.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
Children might wet themselves during night till the age of 7 yrs. Medications r not advised before that age.Some precautions should be taken before that. Avoid liquids 1-2 hrs before u put the baby to sleep.Always empty his bladder before he goes to sleep. If he wets his bed at a particular time at night...wake him up 1hr before that time and make him pee.Avoid soft drinks,fruit drinks,coffe ,tea in his diet. If the problem still persists consult local paed.
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor