Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Small child, enlarged spleen. Ultrasound done, blood work normal. Causes for symptoms?

hi my daugther is 10 months old and i am really worried. She has a enlarged spleen and the ultra sound showed this. we took her to give blood work and it all came back fine. But now we are going to the GI clinic. I was wondering what can cause this. I am really worried and her appointment with the GI doctor is a few weeks away.
Sat, 20 Oct 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

There are a number of causes for splenic enlargement. A thorough work-up is required involving:
1. History - present, family
2. Clinical examination
3. Investigations - you mention them as normal, however, some parameters have to be considered and hence without reviewing them it is difficult to comment

I suggest you discuss the matter with your doctor so that the cause can be found.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.


I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor