Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Small child, down syndrome, unable to eat solid food, limited vocabulary. Cure?

Hi doctor ,i have 3 yr. old son having down symdrum the time of birth he was 1.6 kg wt & born in 9th month .his all activities are normal but currently he is not able to eat food normally ( we have to grind every food to be given to him ) & also not able to speak expect 3-4 normal words plz suggest right treatment for this
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello there,

It is with sorrow that I must tell you that your child will face learning and feeding difficulties like most children with Down syndrome.

These children face intellectual disabilities and learning problems. They have suffer from speech delay and language issues.

There is no cure for Down syndrome. The parents should ensure that the child gets the best possible supportive care.

Wishing your child all the very best.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 26 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor