Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Small child discharging red droplets of blood after urinating. Urine test shows RBCs, pus cells. Cure?

hi doctor.. i have a son he s 4 years old.. i noticed blood droplets after his urination .. i brought my son directly to the nearest hospital and had urine test... and lab result showed: 1-2 pus cells and more than 50 RBC ... im so worried for son... we might visit his pedia this week... for now... can u tell me what is this all about? thanks and god bless
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

If a child is having blood in the urine at the end of urination and if it is fresh blood then we think of the bladder causes causing the problem.

A ultrasound abdomen including the bladder can confirm the diagnosis.
Bladder stones could cause such a problem and the diagnosis can be confirmed by X ray and ultra sound examination.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor