Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Small child, blocked nose, wheezing sound, cough while sleeping. Taking flixonose nasal drops. Treatment?

my child s age is 6 years and he is suffering from blocked nose in sleeping , noise in sleeping, cough coming in sleeping on lips . doctor prescribes flixonose nasal drop last year . he takes relief from this medicine for last 18 months . now he is suffering this desease last week please advised me regards
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Your child is having simple common cold and for nose block you can give saline nasal drops or nasal spray.
You can put these drops into nostril before taking food and before going to bed to get relief from nose.
Consult your Pediatrician for oral syrups for cold and cough.
Hope i have answered your query.
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Thanks for your query
Your child is having blocked nose with cough.
You should not do any self medication.Flixonase drops contain steroid and are given in allergic rhinitis,get you child examined by a pediatrician,
In the meantime give saline nasal drops 3 to 4 times a day,give steam inhalation.
warm fluids will be soothing.

Your baby will be fine.
God bless
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Ravikiran Reddy's  Response
Hello I have gone through your complaints. Your child is suffering from upper respiratory tract infection. Mostly it can be a viral infection. Noisy breathing is due to partial nasal block of nose. If your child is having excessive cough in the night with wheezing episodes your child needs salbutamol for which he will respond. As your doctor prescribed you can continue nasal drops which clears the nasal air way. If he is having frequent nasal blocks then you can go for influenza vaccination which is given yearly.
Thank you. Good day
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor