Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Small bump on shin bone, bruise on top of skin, hard lump. Treatment?

I just finished running on the treadmill about 6 hours ago. Since then I have realised a small lump has developed on my shin bone, and it is blue on the top of it, but the lump doesn t show through the surface. So in conclusion it looks like a bruise on the top of the skin but underneath the skin it is a hard lump on the bone. What could this be?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  470
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case.

Stress injury on treadmill can lead to bruise due to hematoma formation.
If there is stress fracture in your leg bone then it is difficult to walk on it
You will need X ray of knee and leg.
For these symptoms analgesic and medication can be started.

Till time take medication like analgesic and apply crepe bandage over leg or use supportive splint. Do ice fomentation and rest to leg.

If required you may need to do blood investigation for prognosis and recovery.
Colour Doppler study will help to know any vascular injury.
Take precaution to avoid infection around hematoma.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Sat, 14 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor