Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Small bump on butt growing bigger. Severe pain. No relief with Advil. How to remove?

Hello. About a week ago, I noticed a little lump... Down there... Towards my butt. Since about Thursday, it began to grow bigger and bigger. One day I tried popping the cyst with a needle, but no success. It just made things worse. Today, I am in much pain, unable to lay down, walk or anything. I ve taken Advil quite a bit but I m still in great pain. Today I just started doing the warm bath thing, an I ve only noticed it turned a little purple. I ve also tried drawing salve with little success. The doctor isn t an option, because I do not have health insurance. What do I do????
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the question,
It is possible that this should be a hemorroid. This is simply distension of some blood vessels around the anal region due to poor venous drainage. Other possibilities still exist, an abscess, a cyst as you right said must also be excluded. But considering the fact that the symptoms worsened with your trial to intervene, it is more likely this should be a hemorroid.
Management shall start with a proper diagnosis by a physician. Treatment involves both lifestyle changes, drugs and at times an incision depending on the stage. While waiting to see your physician, Advil is appropriate. You should avoid hard foods, eat lots of vegetable and fibre foods, drink much water and avoid foods with much pepper or spices.
Consulting your family physician is of utmost importance to know exactly the state of your anal region.
Thanks for your query on health care magic and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan's  Response
Hi there ,

Thanks for writing in.

This looks like probably an abscess (pus collection) or an infected hair follicle , going by the fact that there is a swelling and severe pain in the region.

Application of warmth to the swelling is good. You could continue this hot fomentation.

Keep the area clean and dry.

It might require incision and drainage , for which you do have to visit a doctor. Please do not try to pop the swelling with a needle or any other self medication. Otherwise, it could lead to complications.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor