Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Small bump next to anus, pain if urine touches it. Tried using hydrogen peroxide. Cure?

Hello , A week ago I ve formed a little bump right next to my anus and this is quite embarassing. It doesnt hurt to sit down or walk around but the bump only hurts when i sit down a certain way to urinate and the urine touches the bump. Now i shave my vaginal and anal area weekly. I was wondering if maybe that had something to do with it? Ive tried dabbing it with hydrogen peroxide(I didnt want to try dabbing alcohol,I was afraid it might burn ) and it didnt burn so i guess only when urine touches it. Please help me...
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  178
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Generally a small bump around the anal area usually warrants observation by your physician. However, most of the , it is usually a pile or what is called external hemorroids. Left untreated or not well managed, complications such is bleeding, stone formation or infection might occur. However, treatment usually involves drinking enough water, eating much vegetables and avoiding very had foods. Consultation with your physician is appropriate to exclude other causes of lumps around that area. Hydrogen peroxyde use without actual elucidation of the problem is not advisable.
I advise you to meet your physician for a thorough evaluation and management, while suspending the hydrogen peroxyde use for now.
Thanks and fast recovery,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor