Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Small bump near penis, red lesion near scrotum. In-growth? Folliculitis? Yeast infection?

So, about a month ago I had noticed a small bump (possible ingrown hair ) under my skin, on the left-side base of my penis . I couldn t help but to try popping the bump and removing the hair, after which, i ignored whatever was happening down there... A few days later I went for a 4.5 hour hike, when i returned home and was about to shower i noticed what looked like pinky-fleshy Small bumps with little white heads (flesh coloured when dry, pinky-red after shower). Being stupid, I decided to shave the area to let air get at it (dumbest thing i ve ever done), after shaving the infection went from about 3 lesions to about 10. As I did research I decided it was most likely Folliculitis , and started doing a warm compress followed by polysporin twice daily. Just two days ago i went to see my family doctor, he took a look at the lesions and agreed it COULD BE an infection of the hair follicles. The doctor prescribed me Fucidin, twice daily. He also took swabs from the lesions to test for S.t.i. s. (waiting for results). I have been applying Fucidin after a warm compress, twice daily and my problem seems to be getting worse, the lesions are becoming more red, and they are not going away. I was wondering if there is anything else i could do, or if this infection could be something else? i also have one bigger red lesion on my scrotum (3.5 mm) I am very scared i could have a more serious sexually transmitted infection, I have had a lot of sex in the last year (protected), and had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, not knowing she had a yeast infection at the time. things i have around the house, that might work but i am scared of making it worse; Hand sanitizer, Warm water, Baby-Powder, Moisturizer , Clindoxyl Gel, Fucidin Cream, Benodryl. Please help. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  496
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
This is not a serious matter but infection aggravated by your shaving.
You need a systemic antibiotics along with mild anti inflammatory medicine with proper dressing of the part.
The scrotal swelling also needs attention.It may have connection to this infection .Consult your doctor for it.
Nothing to worry you will be alright.
Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor