Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Small bump just above the knuckle, swollen fingers and part of hand with pain. What is this ?

My husband s finger had a small bump just above the knuckle. During the day the area and finger became swollen and part of the hand . It was like a big pimple came out and was very sore with a lot of pain. It broke eventually but didn t seem to have a lot come out of it. A bump remains and still sore with the skin peeled around it. Now one is forming on the other hand. He is in a remote camp area. What could this be and what can he do for it
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  308
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Rose.
Thanks for query.
It seems that he might be having some infection and an abscess is formed.
As this has happened on another hand indicates his work might be having crawling type as we find in military people.
Go for antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicine and proper dressing with antibiotic cream.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor