Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Small bump in ear, bleeding on popping it, might be a tick. Medical attention needed?

Ive had a small bump in my ear for over a week. I thought it was a pimple , but is very sore and always gives a dot of blood when I try to poke at it with a q-tip. Now I think it might have been a tick and maybe the head is still in. I can t reach it with tweesers. Is there any cream or something that would release this? Do I need to go to a doctor? I don t think they will be able to get at it either. It s in the fold in the top of my ear.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Tick head in the ear can be removed by putting local anaesthetic (Xylocain) drops which will loosen it from the skin and then it can be removed. But integrity of ear drum should be confirmed before that. For that you need to see an ENT who can do an otoscopic examination. An ENT will be able to remove it where ever it is in the ear.
Answered: Sat, 5 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor