Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Small bruise with greenish tinge beside the wound post discectomy. Sign of infection?

Hey, i had surgery about 5 days ago on my back, i had a discectomy done. I began to notice a couple days ago that my back began to develop a small bruise beside the wound. The day after i noticed it, it began to turn green . Im not sure if this is normal or a sign of infection. i dont see any red but i do have a bit of swelling going on.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Thank you for your question.

It is not unusual to have little bogginess around the incision particularly in people with loose skin. Your incision needs to be evaluated and I would suggest seeing your surgeon as it is difficult to rule out infection without seeing the incision. Increasing swelling, worsening pain, drainage from incision and fever are signs of infection.

Wish you the best.
Answered: Thu, 5 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor