Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Small bruise on the inside of upper right thigh. Family history of thrombosis, varicose veins, lymphoma. Cause of worry?

I have a quarter sized spot in the inside of my upper right thigh that is tender to touch... feels more like a bruise but is swollen. When I stand or walk, it feels as if the area is knotted and tingly. I have a history on both sides of my family of vericose veins (which I have many of), thrombosis and lymphoma . There is no apparent sign of trauma to my skin. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there,the site you have described could be the opening in the thigh for the great saphenous vein and could be related to the vericose vein that you have plenty of. My suggestion would be to visit a surgeon and get yourself examined to rule out any complecation of varicose vein and also if required get a colour doppler of the lower limbs done to rule out any deep vein thrombosis or other complications of varicose veins. If the the lump is non vascular and hard to feel then an FNAC can be considered to rule out other pathology. You should visit a doctor and get yourself examined and get any opinion if required according to me.Take care.
Answered: Tue, 28 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor