Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Small ball shaped swelling on right side of chest, diagnosed as neurofibroma. Treatment options?

Hello Dr. I am 25 yrs old..Dr. i have a small ball shaped swelling in my right chest and i gone through the medication, for which the consultant said that it was like Neurofibroma . can u please explain it and also let me know the seriousness of the condition, whether i need to undergo surgery or allopathy medication is enough. thank you very much
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
as per the details u have given, the description enough doesnt help in diagnosing the clinical problem
, But any way neurofibroma run through genes through autosomal dominent ., and u didnt mention whether they are multiple , and location wise whether they are soft free ball like things over skin or underneath the skin ,?
pinless or painful?
becoz even LIPOMA presents like same,. i advise u to consult a general surgeon to rule the condition exactly . and treatment depends on the clinical condition .
Answered: Fri, 1 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor