Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Small acid burn on the chest, turned into keloid, advised to take tricort injection. Will it be cured? Scars?

hi..i am a female 23+ year old..i had a small acid burn(nitric acid +ammonium molybdate) on top my chest accidently...which gradually turned into a kelloid almost 4years back. Recently i consulted a Dr. who advised me to apply diplene cream with leucoplast. As there was no improvement after a month, my Dr said that tricort 10 injection would be required after every 14 days. My query is ,will it be really getting cure, and if even if it get cured will the mark of it get removed too? if not..what should be done for it.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
The first method is keloid surgery but it is effective for larger keloids.
Keloid Radiation is considered an effective method when it is used right after surgical removal. Laser Treatment for Keloids,Steroid Injections, Cryo surgery is another method to clear Keloids
These are most effective during the early stages of scar development.
Any method you use chances of redevelopment is always there.
Usually a combination of two or more of the above methods is considered to be the most effective. For example, surgical removal along with steroid injections and silicone cream used after the operation. Each person is different, and keloid scars come in all shapes and sizes. So what might work for one person may not work for another.

Answered: Sat, 4 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor