Slipped disc treatment

sir I want to know about slipped disc treatment
Wed, 10 Aug 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
's  Response
Welcome to Health care Magic,
Slipped disc is at first treated with NSAID and rest alongwith narcotic pain killer.Physical therapy is required to abate the pain.A backbrace may be temporarily used but not for a long time.Wheter to have a operation or not is the decision of the specialist.
Homoeopathy plays a crucial role in treating the symptoms of slipped disc.It not only treats the symptoms but also cures the disease.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello niraj;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Slipdisc or prolapsed intervertebral disc can cause severe pain and tingling & numbness in your back and even down the legs.So simple pain is treated with painkillers and anti-inflammatory to reduce the pain and swelling internally.If there is tingling and numbness the treatment includes vitamins B 1;6 and 12 to help heal the nerve endings.Rest is important so that the disc compression does not increase and you should not lift heavy weight
The other methods in severe cases include use of belt for support of the spine while walking and working;traction is an a method used by hospitalization and if there is no improvement or the condition deteriorates then surgery is the last option.So if you have slip disc please take precaution and get treated by a Orthopaedician.
Thanks