Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Slipped disc treatment

sir I want to know about slipped disc treatment
Asked On : Mon, 11 Oct 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  430
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Welcome to Health care Magic,
Slipped disc is at first treated with NSAID and rest alongwith narcotic pain killer.Physical therapy is required to abate the pain.A backbrace may be temporarily used but not for a long time.Wheter to have a operation or not is the decision of the specialist.
Homoeopathy plays a crucial role in treating the symptoms of slipped disc.It not only treats the symptoms but also cures the disease.
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello niraj;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Slipdisc or prolapsed intervertebral disc can cause severe pain and tingling & numbness in your back and even down the legs.So simple pain is treated with painkillers and anti-inflammatory to reduce the pain and swelling internally.If there is tingling and numbness the treatment includes vitamins B 1;6 and 12 to help heal the nerve endings.Rest is important so that the disc compression does not increase and you should not lift heavy weight
The other methods in severe cases include use of belt for support of the spine while walking and working;traction is an a method used by hospitalization and if there is no improvement or the condition deteriorates then surgery is the last option.So if you have slip disc please take precaution and get treated by a Orthopaedician.
Answered: Wed, 10 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor