Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Slightly circular red marks on the underside of chin. What could be this ?

Hi, I m a 19 year old female and I just saw that I have red marks in a slightly circular shape on the underside of my chin . Just noticed it now (they aren t really visible if looking straight forward into a mirror) and no idea where it came from. The marks aren t raised, painful, or itchy. It looks almost like a hickey but instead of it being a sold block of red it s a pattern of separated red marks. Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

It seems that you may be having tinea faciale or some irritant contact dermatitis.

Take antifungal like ketoconazole for two weeks.

And apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole.

Avoid soap application.

It might go away.

If no response , then it may be irritant contact dermatitis or something else.

Consult dermatologist for perfect treatment.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor