Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Slight swelling and abrasions in knee after getting hit. Difficulty walking and hiking. Pain in knee cap? How can it be treated?

About a 6 wks ago I lost my footing and about 4 feet onto my knees. The right knee landed hardest on a hard concrete surface There was slight swelling and abrasions but after ice and resting, it was sore but i could walk, hike etc.. The last 2-3 weeks however, if I even brush against it slightly it feels like a burning sensation right under the knee cap and I am immobilized for several minutes with profound pain. There is a red spot that has returned just to the left side of the kneecap and I can feel something rolling beneath my fingertips if I touch there, that is not present on the left kneecap.
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Health care magic
I am General Physician and additionally jr. to a Cardiologist. I read your problem in detail and wants to help you out. My first advise to you was to consult an orthopedician near you and get your X-ray Knee done.
If it shows normal study than you might be suffering from ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) tear of the Knee joint or other soft tissue injury of the knee joint which might needs immobilization for several weeks. As you have explained you are in pain for several minutes while your Knee joint is involved in activity like walking, climbing stairs or even sitting on feets, rotatory movement while brushing etc., you have something wrong with your knee which needs to be investigated.
Consult your doctor and follow his advise.
Get well soon
Dr. Dinesh Kumar Bhatia
Health Care Magic
Answered: Sun, 8 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor