Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Slight pain at the right of abdomen. Ultrasound showed mild mural thickening of terminal ileum. Is this serious?

Hi, Thanks in advance. I am getting light pain at right side abdomen since 1 year. and i visited urology specailist. he said there is no problem in both the kidney s and they are functioning good. and also Appendix is not visualized in Ultrasonography test and they notecied in the report that there is mild mural thickening of terminal ileum (measuring 3.4mm). Please suggest that is this serious. and also please suggest the remedies.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  261
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Dear venky, this is not something you should worry about. This finding means almost nothing. Radiologists describe mural thickening and convince us that it means inflammation of intestinal wall, but without clear clinical presentation we cannot get the right diagnosis. Yes, mural wall thickening can be sign of terminal ileitis which means that you could suffer from Crohns disease but there are better ways to find it out. If you want to check it i think you should do colonoscopy or irigography. Crohns disease is usually associated with attacks os diarrheas, abdominal pain and opstipation so if you experience such symptoms you should do those tests i ve mentioned.

Wish you good health, dr. Ivan Romic (Rominho)
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor