Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Slight elevation, redness, sharp pain near pubic bone with circular hard growth underneath. Any ideas?

Greetings, I have a small question regarding an area of slight concern. Around the pubic bone I had what appears to be a slight elevation in the skin, red and sore to touch, with a sharp pain. Under it though is some kind of circular hard growth, about an inch in diameter but I can t tell how deep. It s not been there more than months so I m thinking it s nothing like cancer . Any idea what it s likely to be?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It is definitely not a cancerous growth.
This red painful bump could possibly be a furuncle. A furuncle or boil is bacterial infection of hair follicle.
Just do warm water compresses over the lesion and apply an antibiotic cream. Also take a pain killer to reduce pain.
It should subside in few days.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Sat, 30 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor