Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Slight deafness in ear, constant feeling of un-popped bubble. What should be done?

I ve had this feeling for almost a week now, and the best way I can describe it is a slight deafness in my right ear, like a constant unpopped air bubble like what you get from altitude changes. I m assuming it happened while I was in the shower, but from I ve googled, it seems it could be one of many issues. Swallowing makes the same clicky type sound you get when you actually do have water/pressure difference in the ear, except swallowing and pinching my nose and trying to equalize don t make it go away.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
am Dr Sriram nathan and i Shall try to help you out with your problem.

You seem to have blocked your drum or canal when you took the shower.
You definitely need to get the drum examined by an ENT with an instrument called the otoscope for correct diagnosis.

It could be due to many causes ranging from effusion, to eustachian tube dysfunction to an infection to name a few. It could also be a plain wax which has lodged inside.

But do not worry and do these:
-take a course of antibiotic like amox-clav and anti histamine like levocetrizine in consultation with your doctor

-get an friend to check the ear with a torch and look out for any obvious thing which is blocking the ear.

-Do not take head bath for two weeks and after that do not allow any water to enter the ear

-Do not put any other ear drops

-If the pain is more then you may consider taking injectable medications for better and faster symptom control.

Remember that if you keep your ears clean and dry the block will recover

In any case if you do not get better within a week then you must get your drums and canal examined by an ENT with otoscope and get back to me with the report.

If any other doubts get back to me


Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 22 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor