Skipping heartbeats, heart beats longer then goes back normal.What could be this?

My heart has been like almost skipping beats but its not, its almost like the beat lasts longer than it should then goes back to normal. I'm not sure what the medical term for it is, I've never hear of it happening, anyway I also feel that I have costochondritis. I'm not certain and I haven't had a chance to get it checked out yet but I've been doing research and it makes sense with my symptoms. You should also know I work out a lot, lifting and cardio.
Mon, 6 May 2013