Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Skin tans in chlorinated or salty water. Suggest some cream or lotion to prevent it.

i am going on a holiday trip to malaysia and singapore we will go to beaches.My skin adversely tans in chlorinated or salty water and it takes couple of months in restoring original skin tone i have fair complexion and prone to tan after swimming or sun exposure .Please suggest me a super effective cream,lotion, a home remedy or a post tanning treatment which protects me cent percent from tanning as after a week i will be back in India, i have to attend a family occasion which is very important for me
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  272
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magi forum
thank you for your query
i understand your concern about skin .
sunscreen with 50 SPF and water resistant is ideal for you
you can you neutrogena sunblock 50 spf .
apply every 2-3 hours.
it will protect your skin to major extent.
still you may find some tanning .
wearing wide brim hat will help you.
better to consult dermatologist to have detail skin analysis.
i hope i answered your query
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor