Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Skin tag looking thing in back of throat. Anything to do with it?

hi, i m a 38 yr old male about 155pds and 5 9 . i noticed sometime back a skin tag type looking thing hanging from the one side of my throat when i open wide. it doesn t look sore just funny because it just showed up. i smoke and have had my normal winter cough and coughing up flem, but this has not went away yet this summer and always does, if that has anything to do with it?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  2344
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
Any growth in the throat needs immediate attention. Even if it is not causing any problem, you have to consult an E.N.T. surgeon, who will have to examine the growth and if need be take a biopsy from that which has to be examined under a microscope to find out what it is, and according to the biopsy findings you will be advised by the surgeon.
Smoking of course has it's own set of problems, some of which are quite serious.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Padma Saikia's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It looks you have a throat infection.You can do salt water garglings twice daily regularly till it completely subsides.Also get examined by a ENT doctor for better care and management.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor