Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Skin sensitive, irritation, red spots below ear, acne. Remedy for skin problem?

hello! sir. i am 21 years old. (M) having a skin problem since 5 years. so i am supposed to make a query online to a dermatologist . since 5 years i am having skin irritation n sensitivity. whenever i wash my face, my skin goes red n spotted in the side face below ear. and these red spots are now visible permanently. so any suggestions regarding this? and also having acne problem in my back and its mark is also seen to be small red spots. skin problem gives many problem in life too mostly it discourage in many aspects. sir help! please. thanks
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome !
I would be pleased to help you with your question
1. You can use the over the counter salicylic acid based face wash ( eg. Neutrogena Deep pore cleanser , Normaderm Vichy) . Use the face wash twice a day .
2. If you are using a sunscreen you should use a light water based SPF 15 sunscreen.
3. Use a moisturizer as it would be necessary to reduce the sensitivity of the skin .

Dermatological CLINIC Based Services:

1. Salicylic acid is a a form a peel treatment , a liquid which is applied over the skin by the doctor. This is kept on the skin for a period of 5 minutes and removed out with water. The peel seeps in the skin and controls the size of the oil glands giving rise to acne . It also has mild antibiotic properties.
2. The dermatologist might prescribe you certain oral or topical application antibiotics.,
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor