Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Skin red, having bumps on arms oozing white substance. No relief with medication. How to cure?

my mother has lupus , reynauds, schloderma and gout . She has been haing some new skin problems recently. She has these small bumps on the back of her arms from her elbow to her wrist and the skin has been very red. She was in the hospital recently & the dr. said it was an infection which now they said no it s the schloderma acting up, but nothing has helped the bumps or the pain in her arm. Anyway, these bumps and area on her arm are still very red and the 4 bumps are white. Well, yesterday the one bump started oozing massive amounts of this white chalky substance that almost looks like toothpaste and when it got on her clothes it was very chalky looking. Last night we were trying to get the bummp to stop to wrap up her arm with gause but it was just pouring out this white stuff. Her arm still hurts as it did when she was in the hospital. If she even touches her arm or pushes even lightly anywhere from the elbow up to the bump the fluid pours out of the bump. All of her tons of dr. s have no clue what s going on but seeing my mom tonight she s at the end of her rope and is so distraught and needs help. Please, any advice you can give would be sincerely appreciated. I m desperate and really need to just get her some help for once and for all. Thank you.. Kathleen P.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi Kathleen,
Thanks for posting here.
With your history I think your mother has got Calcinosis Cutis. It can occur as a part of scieroderma. They are the deposits of calcium in the skin.
You have not mentioned ur mothers age.She is suffering from Mixed connective tissue disease and you need to see a rheumatologist and a dermatologist team. Some safe painrelief measures can be undertaken to reduce the distress. Talk to the treating doctor about effective painrelief measures.
Take care of her.
Hope she will get better.
Dr shilpa bhat
Answered: Mon, 28 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor