Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Skin rash looking like a spider bite on the tail bone. No pain, mild bleeding. What could it be?

Hi, I seem to have an issue On my lower back, just above my tailbone, I have what looks like a spider bite . Its been doing better recently until just today. It feels like there is a large hole on the top of it and like skin or something from underneath is pushing itself out of the hole (still connected to me) There is no pain and a mild amount of blood .
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there. It does appear that what you are describing is a 'pilonidal' sinus problem. This affects the hair roots etc in the region that have got infected & may be tracking deper. You may require a small surgery to evacuate said contents & drain the region & need to visit a local surgeon. In addition a course of antibiotics/antiinflammatory agents like brufen may help reduce the swelling. Cheers & Good luck!
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor