Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Skin on the sole of foot detached due to hard scratching, burning on sole on applying pressure. How can I relieve it?

Hello, there is a piece of skin on the sole of my foot that detached from the actual foot. For example, the skin is still intact with the foot (no bleeding or open flesh) but the skin itself is loose within the foot (like a blister , but With no liquid or open flesh) I was scratching hard due to a itch . When I apply pressure, the sole of my foot begins to burn . I current have a frozen ice pack with which minimizing the burning sensation, but as soon as I move the foot it begins to burn again. By should I do? Thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  377
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi skin of the sole detached from sole due to repeated itching is called keratolysis is due to excessive dryness or due to can be managed by application of nmf e urea cream twice daily after keeping the legs in luke warm water and if still there add propysalic acid twice daily to the prescription .it should be used for atleast fifteen days
Answered: Fri, 11 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor