Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Skin on hand and face tears, swells and develops water blisters. What is wrong?

the skin on my hands and face keep tearing easliy, when i drink a lot of water my hands swell and devlop water blisters,I can bump my hand on a wall all the skin will roll off and scar me up real bad. I went to the e.r. and they said I need to see a dermotoligist.. Btw when the injury occours there is never any blood its always water
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
I would be pleased to answer your question.

The fact that your water filled lesions are raised makes the first possibility that of LeukocytoclasticVasculitis. This is a small vessel vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels in the skin) caused due to a variety of causes.

The second possibility would be of an autoimmune blistering condition known as Bullous Pemphigoid. or Pemphigus Vulgaris. In the stage before frank blistering the lesions can be flat and may appear bloody.

A third possibility would be senile purpura, but here the lesions consist of flat bruises. This would have been the first possibility for you if you didn’t have a history of the lesions being raised.

I think you most definitely require a skin biopsy from one of the representative lesions. This should be sent for regular histopathology as well as for a test known as direct immunofluorescence (DIF). Your blood clotting profile and platelet count should also be done if not done already. These tests will help narrow down the diagnosis and appropriate therapy to be started. You should see a dermatologist for the biopsy and blood work.

Hope this information is useful, please feel free to ask if you have any queries
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor