Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Skin irritation due to heat, itchiness. Taking antihistamines. Permanent cure?

my skin irritates me. I can get very hot, that is when it starts, and i begin to itch , but it is very intense. My doctor put me on a course of Antihistamines and I was fine, I could wear anything t0 my body, neck legs, it was great, but since the course ended it has all started up again, driving me mad, honest.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

You might be suffering from cholinergic urticaria.

It is a condition characterised by development of red itchy rashes when the body temperature raises.

you need to take the anti histamine tablets on a daily basis.

As and when required intake wont help you.

Please meet a dermatologist and discuss regarding this.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor