Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Skin infection around the penis. Suggestions, treatment?

I have what I believed to be a pimple on the side of my penile shaft. I popped it a couple times, which I realize I maybe should not have, and now it s grown very red and swollen. The thing that worries me is the fact that the swelling has increased around the red area and I m concerned about an infection. I just purchased some hydrogen peroxide to aid with it, but I m wondering if its enough. Any suggestions will help!
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you not to take self treatment because it is dangerous. As you are now feeling guilty over popping the piple in your private area, you should not feel guilty for something you did dangerously. Therefore, please visit a physician and follow his advice. Never do self diagnosis and never try self treatment

You might need psychological counseling. You can contact me through customer care officers for telephone counseling.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.

Answered: Wed, 27 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor