Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Skin fold in the eye. Is it normal?

Hi there, just today i rub my eyes a bit hard and the thin layer over my eyes became kinda lose, i dunno how to describe it but its like its not got air inside it or its like its not attached to my eye anymore. It a small portion of my left eye corner but my vision is ok. Just hard to close/open my eyes because its like a think skin is fold inside my eye. What should i do? Please help...
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1002
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
The layer you are referring to inside the eye that covers the white area or sclera is called the conjunctiva.However delicate these layers may seem they do not disengage by forceful eye rubbing in most instances. What you may be observing is a mild conjunctival oedema. This is sudden and startling in certain instances where the patient inadvertantly has some remnant of an irritaing substance on his hands during rubbing like perfume, lotion, talc, chilli powder household sprays or pesticides being used at the time. The oedema subsides as rapidly as it starts. An oral dose of antihistaminic such as Cetrizine or Levocetrizine tablets work well along with an antiinflammatory eye drop preparation like ketorolac used 3 times for a couple of days works fast and well. There is no visual damage or lasting effects of a single episode of conjunctival oedema.
Answered: Sun, 24 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor