Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Skin colored pea-sized lump in the anus, no pain or discomfort on walking, sitting. What could it be?

Hi, I m a 19 year old male, I wanted to know what u thought of something. I have a pea sized, skin colored little lump u can say, in my anus . It dosent hurt at all,using the bathroom, sitting, walking, even if I touch it, no pain. It s like 2inches in, in middle of anus. It s been there for a while now, I d say more then a month, I keep forgetting to make an appointment for doctor and it is a little embarrassing to ask, it s also very embarrassing when being intimate with my partner. Please if you have any suggestions let me know.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  1041
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Please relax. This seems like a minor problem. It may be a painless hemorrhoid, which is asymptomatic. However, please do not neglect it. Make an appointment with the general surgeon, get it examined once.

It should be gone soon.

Talk to your partner about it, she will support you.

Get well soon.

Answered: Fri, 15 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
I do understand but I think we are just looking at a tag of skin and nothing else. There is nothing that we need to actively do about it. However, if you are extremely embarrassed, you can definitely get it removed. It would be a simple surgery where we can just remove it with a cautery or by just cutting off the tag of skin.
Dont worry.
Hope this helps
Answered: Fri, 15 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi...dear user..,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Don't is simple problem..,
Don't hide it...,it could be hemorrhoids..,
Here enlarged vascularity will give this picture..,
Treatment side simple procedure available.., the best and very economic..,
So consult SURGEON...immediately..,
Answered: Tue, 3 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor