Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Skin allergy with itching

Hi, i am 26 years old. i have skin allergy problem, its create itching problem. what can i do now. Thanking you, Taj
Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  228
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you can take anti allergic medicine.
& ifyou don't get relief, consult dermatologist.
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Taj,

Welcome to HCM.
Skin allergy can be caused by various things, such as sunlight, some kind of clothes, soap / detergent etc.
First of all you have to identify what is causing the allergy. If the cause could be identified then that should be avoided, as far as possible.
Itching is not always caused by allergy. There may be other reasons for this. Best is to visit a dermatologist and let him examine you, do the necessary tests and then treat you.
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello taj;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Skin problems and even allergy can be better treated after personally examination of a patient as there is lot of difference between allergy;and infections due to bacteria and fungi and accordingly the treatment changes so consult a Dermatologist (skin specialist ) for examination and proper treatment.Also if it is surely allergic you will have to find out the allergy causing reason and you have to keep away from it.
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi! taj,

Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Taj,I would like to know is it that you are getting raised red rashes in the body or you are getting itching without any skin lesions.
Generalized itching all over the body can be because of various reasons like it can be any focus of infection in the body or stomach or even teeth . You need to take first a de-wormis tablet for the infection in stomach,an antibiotic to take care of any tooth decay (if you have),and lastly a long course of anti histaminic tablet for itching.

You also need to see if there is any seasonal variation or not.
Other rare causes are then systemic or internal.
So if you can discuss in detail then we can help you better.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor