Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

121 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Skin addicted to Elocon cream. What would you call this ?

Hi, well i ve been using elocon cream for several years now and it started because of a small rash on my arm when I was about 8. Then over time I would have very dry skin on my nose so I used the same cream on my face and it worked great! But I am now 18 years old and still using the elocon cream! My face is addicted to it! When I stop using the cream my face begins to itch extremley bad and I break out with the tiny pimples that look like they have puss in them and my skin starts to peel!! It is just horrible! What would you call this? If I stop using the cream all together how long will it take for my face to get better? How can I get my skin back to normal Without using anymore steroid creams? Please help! Thanks-Kc
Sat, 21 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you first diagnose your skin problem,weather it is acne or something other.
you have to stop using steroid for pretty long time.
You can try vaseline or calamin lotion.
But you consult dermatogist and get it diagnosed as it is the question of your face.
ok and bye.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....