Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Six year old with fever and headache. Pain in the stomach with diarrhea. Concerned

My six year old son woke up with a headache and fever yesterday of 102. Was relived by medicine, the last night starting have some belly pain with one diarrhea once last night and again this am, seemed better today until this evening now has low grade fever again 99.5 and complaining of more severe belly pain around belly button on right lower abdominal
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  239
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Your child is suffering from a stomach bug.
Give him some rest and antispasmodics.
A course of antiacid medications would help too.
Give him simple home made food and lots of fluids.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Your son does not seem to have ADHD. However you should be concerned for your son's fever, headache and stomach pain which may be due to a gastrointestinal illness. I hope this helps. Take care and have a good day. Have him drink a lot of fluids and ORS.
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Your six year old boy most probably has developed gastroentritis that is the infection of the stomach and gut.Abdomeninal pain and loose motion could be due to gastro entritis.Headache could be due to fever.Give him ORS (oral rehtdration therapy).Plenty of water and juice.For fever and headache you can give him ibuprofen or pracetamol.Gastroentritis in childern is usually viral and get settle of itself .Consultation with childeren physician is advisible.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor