Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Sinus problems, frequent fever, cold and sneezing. Tests show nasal turbinate hypertrophy. What to do?

HI. i m 24 yrs old and i ve been suffering from sinus since 4-5yrs and medicines are helpful for time being. right now i have undergone few tests such as IgE, CBP and x-ray para nasal sinuses. Reports shows that nasal turbinate hypertrophy seen on both and the wbc count is 12,000/ and IgE value observed is 219.1. I often fall sick fever and cold and i sneez . What shall i do now?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You seem to be suffering from allergic rhinosinusitis. Your Ig E level is on the higher side. Though WBC count is slightly elevated, only periphral smear will give a true picture. IgE plays an important role in allergic conditions like asthma, allergic rhinitis(nosal inflamation due to allergy) & atopic dermatitis (skin condition). It is increased upto 10 times in atopic dermatitis. Medical management includes recent drugs like Zafirlukast -20mg two times a day & Omalizumab - 150mg every 2 to 4 weeks. Zafirlukast is a Leukotriene antagonist, relatively safe & controls the allergy. Omalizumab inhibits elevated IgE levels but is a very costly drug. Surgical management is sub mucosal diathermy of both inferior turbinates.
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor