Since around May/June I have been struggling with sinus issues

Since around May/June I have been struggling with sinus issues and dizziness. I went to the Dr and told them about the dizziness and pressure and as a result they did an MRI on my head looking who knows what but scary to think of. Well thankfully the results came back clear, my head and brain were fine except that the MRI showed I had very bad infection in my sinus and also my inner ear. I am on 14 days of antibiotics which hopefully will help.
In May I put down 40 bale of pine straw in my yard, with all its dust etc and I am sure they could have kicked this off as I didn't have the problem before that . Going forward I want to take preventative measures. Can someone suggest which allergy over the counter medication might be best and anything else I can do again for preventative measures. I have had this for several months and it is very depressing .
Wed, 10 Oct 2018