Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Silent sinus syndrome, sunken eyes. MRI of brain, eye tissue done. Treatment?

how do I know if i have silent sinus syndrome? My eye looks a tad more sunken in than the right one. I know it wasn t like this before. I want to get it fixed before it gets worse but my doc said my eyes are fine and I had an MRI but they only looked at the brian and eye tissue . I dont know what my next step is? If the sinus is not aerating, is it possible to do so on its own in time?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  362
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

1. The most common cause for Silent Sinus Syndrome is a blocked maxillary sinus. Do you have a history of nasal or facial injury?

2. If you can share the MRI images of your eye and brain, I will be able to give an accurate assessment.

3. If you can get a plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) Scan done, it will be helpful. Bone is not visible on MRI Scans.

4. A close-up of your face will help. Otherwise you will have to consult an ENT Specialist , Eye Specialist and a Plastic Surgeon.

5. Certain other conditions such as Horner's Syndrome must be ruled out.

6. Surgical treatment involves FESS (Functional Endosocpic Sinus Surgery) to open the blocked maxillary sinus and Augmentation of the floor of the eye to lift up the sunken eye.

7. Balloon Sinuplasty is also a new option.

Answered: Sat, 29 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor