Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Significant dent in right shin bone, feel faint pain in the area on walking, had played for long hours, no history of injury. Any ideas?

Hi there, I am 23, healthy and never had any broken bones. Have played high level tennis, golf, skiing and soccer since very young. Recently I have noticed a significant dent in the inside of my right shin bone, about 3 inches below my knee . The indentation is about a half centimeter and I have a faint pain in the area when I walk. I played a long game of tennis on a hard court on Sunday (4 days ago). Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Matt
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  201
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
An indentation on the shin that has appeared after playing is likely to be due to a soft tissue injury. A bony injury is not likely in your case. Getting an X-ray and MRI scan done will help in establishing the diagnosis.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor