Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Shrunken testicle, sensitive, low ejaculate. Have high PSA with negative biopsy. Common?

My right testicle seems to have shrunk to almost non existence.. Has been very sensitive in the past. Low ejaculate. Ejaculation very very seldom.. 68 year old man. Have had high psa for many years with negative biopsy . Skeptical of the benefit of further biopsy. Is this common??? Of concern?? What are the appropriate questions?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
In old age men usually have shrunken testes, it is not a thing to be worried about. The problem that needs to be addressed is your raised PSA levels. Usually it suggests prostatic cancer with help of other physical findings. There are many other conditions which may show raised PSA like Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia,Prostatitis (inflamed prostrate) etc
Negative biopsies do not always rule out prostate cancer and further biopsies may be needed if your PSA remains raised or increases with time. you may need further blood test to measure the free/total PSA ratio (FTR).
Visit your concerned doctor, reevaluate PSA levels and biopsies and rule out other conditions.
Note: avoid any sexual activity for at least a couple of days before your PSA blood test, as it may raise PSA levels.

Hope it helps.
Take Care!
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor