Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Shoulder pain after an accident

I am a 40yr old female. I had a road accident 2 years ago which has resulted in me having a bad left shoulder. The pain is all over the shoulder blade and when really bad it goes down my arm. It aches constantly and more so when I have used my arm etc alot. I have had 6 months Physio, cortisone injection all to no avail. A pain specialist has suggested amitriptilyne 10mg and co-codamol . I ve had no diagnosis except tendinitis, but once the cortisone injection didn t work that was ruled out. Any suggestions what it could be.
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  353
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
u r likely to be suffering from frozen shoulder.
consult a physio and start physio sessions again.
manipulation and mobilisation techniques by physio are really helpful.
do hot water fomentation twice a day.
the condition spontaneously resolves in two years.

Answered: Fri, 27 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
As you have continued physio and due to this your joint did not develop more stiffnes and movements are there.
So physiotherapy is only thing which will help you and will help from further damage.
The damage done and artheritic changes developed can not be cured.
I think this reply will satisfy your query.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
I think you have developed Peri artheritis of the shoulder and artheritic changes in the shoulder joint.
in this case only physio therapy can requires regular and daily exercise of the joint to prevent more stiffness and restricted movement of the joint.
keep your joint moving otherwise in the future you wont be able to button your gown from behind.
You go for regular exercise,
shor way diathermy.
ok and bye,
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor