Should the pregnancy test be repeated?

My period date is 12.08.2014.I have done pregnancy test on 15.08.2014.It shows negative.My periods used to be regular every month.But,this time,still not happening.I am expecting to be pregnant,but test shows negative result.Did i do the test too early?
Mon, 13 Jun 2016
I have gone through your query and understood the concern. Home pregnancy tests read well when performed 3-7 days after the missed period with a fresh early morning sample of urine. If you did not perform the test this way, you can repeat it after a couple of days and watch. Else, you can also get the blood test done as it is more sensitive and specific. A trans-vaginal sonogram done a week after the missed period will give the status of the pelvic organs and confirms/excludes pregnancy for sure. Please see a specialist for further management. Take care.