Should the ER be visited for swelling and pain in the thumb after an injury?

I am a 65 (almost 66) year old female. I fell yesterday and landed on the thumb of my right hand. Since then my thumb has swollen, is getting more and more purple and now starting to throb. I was going to wait until the morning to call my doctor, but not sure if I should wait to have it checked out. What do you think? Thank you.
Mon, 27 Aug 2018

It is possible of fracture or injury to the soft tissue around to it. Local inflammation lead to edema and erythema.

Need to take test, use oral painkillers medication. Use cold and warm compression. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.