Should the ER be visited for elevated BP along with headaches and nausea?

Yes my BP has been high all Day my Dr said if it over 140/90 to call in i did All day my bottom number has been 113 /117 and my top has been 150 or higher i just checked it now and it’s 171/111 i have a really bad headache in the back of my head and I’m starting to feel nauseous should i go to the ER
Thu, 14 Jun 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your blood pressure values are really high (especially diastolic blood pressure values). These blood pressure values are the main cause of the headache and nausea. For this reason, if you do not have any anti-hypertensive drugs at home, I recommend going to the ER for a physical exam and blood pressure medicine to help reduce your blood pressure values.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Iliri