Should the ER be visited for edema in the legs and lungs?

I have had edma for over 2 weeks in feet, legs and lungs for breathing. Do I need help right away? I have no credit card and I am afraid how serious this is as I feel sick. I also awake in the night soaked in sweat and can`t breathe. How do get an answer to how serious this may be as I don`t no computers that well? I am from Canada. Where do I look for an answer or do I not get one since I can`t pay?
Sat, 18 Aug 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I understand your problem but unless examination is done it is difficult to say how much serious it is. I just mentioned possible causes here then you have to consult your physician for confirming and treatment.

possible causes are

1.Pneumonia.
2.Cardiac failure.
3.Renal failure.
4.Liver cell failure.
5.Hypoproteinemia etc..

Please get it done ultrasound abdomen and liver, x-ray chest, ECG,liver function tests then consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.