Should the ER be visited for confusion and behavioural changes after taking Augmentin?

My son Is 3 1/2 and was prescribed Augmentin for reoccurring strep. Took one dose 5 hrs ago and has been crying out in his sleep he talks to us but never fully wakes up. Acts as if something is after him. agitation, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior is a side effect of the antibiotic. Should I take him to the e.r?
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes please take him to the er as this could be due to dehydration or a rare side effect of the antibiotic.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.